Eric Hutchinson – “Breakdown More.” I had a bit of a geek-out moment this week when I was watching Rooftop Prince and heard this song playing in one of the scenes (cafe, Episode 11). Hutch, in a K-drama?! I’ve been a longtime fan, so it was definitely a case of worlds colliding. [ Download ]

As Rihanna would sing: Cheers to the freakin' weekend -- I'll drink to that, yeah, yeah!

What's up Dramabean-tastics?!?

Let me just say, this was an awesome-ass week for romance/kissing/squealing/giddy-ness. I'm talking Love Rain, Rooftop Prince, King2Hearts -- my triple threat! (I don't know about Equator Man but I'm sure there could have been some kinda love there somewhere amidst all the revenge stuff.) Thank God my head didn't explode from all the sweetness. What's up with y'all this week? (I'm from the North but I'm trying to practice Southern stuff. I've been in ATL for almost 6 years, after all.)

Oh, and one more thing...holy crap this is a Fi12$T. :-)

Congratz lol~

Thanks Hana -- how are you this Friday? Anything going on?

Nothing much ~ just came back from the theater.I watched the Avengers and it's pretty good . My favourite superhero movie by far and definitely best movie in 2012 so far . Wbu? :)

My Three Amigos (kids) have a day off school today so I'm trying to decide what to do with them today. I want to take a little field trip with them somewhere but I don't know where yet. Plus the weather looks a bit gloomy today so I'm inclined not to take them outdoors for too long. We'll see.

I really want to see Avengers, if only for the eye candy that is Thor and Iron Man and Captain America and Nick Fury! I wish I were more turned on by ScarJo, but something about her rubs me the wrong way. Ah well. :-)

AVengers??? I thought it didn't open until next weekend. My hubby and daughter are stoked, she was trying to talk him into the midnight show...I can't do a midnight show, doesn't matter how good it is, I will fall asleep. It's cheaper (and quieter) to sleep at home, lol.

I'd like to see Avengers, too. Robert Downey Jr, 'nuff said. But I'll probably see Dark Shadows first - that's going to be my mother's day present from daughter dearest.

I checked and Avengers is officially coming out next Friday, May 4. I love the month of May because so many action/blockbuster movies come out then.

Also, hi Joanne and shel!

Hi back! I guess it opened in England this week. My daughters jealous. She'd probably fight JoAnne for Robert Downey Jr and hes old enough to be her dad! Her other love is Kim Hyun Joong...so JoAnne, you and the kid have similar taste, lol.

It's fine but I am NOT sharing My Beloved.

LOL everyone - Avengers opens in VB this Thursday.

I'm scared to think they're gonna make a comedy out of "Dark Shadows", though.

HI Kewbie!!!

It premiered on the 26th in my country :o

Hi kewbie,
Congrats for being first:D

Haha, thanks. How are you doing today, shirin-noona?

I'm doing great today,thanks.The past 10 days were really hectic but today is great:)
How have you been?

Good thanks. Been a good drama week, and a short week for me in general because the kiddies have a day off from school today. Hectic week for you because of work or other stuff?

My little brother had an accident,and he had to have a surgery ... very drama like!
But all is good now,he's been discharged and is doing fine.
Thanks for asking:)

Hi, first time greeting you.
You should try rp 7 and 8 The Marriage Plot this week.
Awesome episode.

Hi ck1OZ! I sorta remember you from the Wild Romance thread on soompi, but wassup either way. :-) Thanks for the recommendation. I really have to get with it and into The Marriage Plot. Is it something you can just jump into right in the middle or does it need setup from episode 1? Or should I just read the Dramabeans recaps?

There's no subs. I think, I am depending on the recap but man ep 8 was funny. You better start from ep 1 to appreciate their bickering.

OML Wild Romance. That drama and my poor Wookie. I don't know what I feel about what happened there and don't intend to get into a fanwar. Suffice to say, can't wait for his next drama where he KISSES his leading lady.

I agree about WR. That drama had so much potential. I enjoyed it still, but it needed a bit more oomph (not the stalker lady oomph, though).

Ok I will read the recaps and see how I like the Marriage Plot. Maybe if soompi has a forum for that I will pop in.

Ah, a 'first' that starts off slightly differently.

What's up? My dad would say, everything that's not down.

I have to catch up on k-dramas (and I've only got a few days to do so, because during the month of May I'll have to go awol and deprive myself of any form of entertainment due to a non-negotiable deadline).

But, this week, I've mostly watch J-stuff, as in the awesome j-drama SPEC and some j-anime. Yes, watching some anime and totally totally loving this slice-of-life one called Tsuritama about four high-school boys. It's wacky (there are aliens! And a duck called Tapioca! How awesome is that?!). The characters are endearing and, I feel, really well defined. I'm pretty certain I'm going to cry within the next few episodes too.

Also watching Kimi to Boku (Season 1), which is nice but not too special (it pales in comparison to Tsuritama.

The other thing about anime is that episodes are only 20-25 min long, which makes them so much easier to fit into my day...

Alua, I've missed you. But I will wait for June...

I keep seeing people rave about Spec, so it's on the list. And moved higher, since you like it.

I'll be totally away all of May (including from my blog, *sigh*). Everyone's doing finals, while I'm one of those who get to mark them, which means a month of total withdrawal from society & life (I'm even leaving London and am going to hide out at my sister's).

You should definitely watch SPEC, but I strongly recommend you order yourself some Japanese gyoza (dumplings, fried or steamed) before you sit down to watch it, or otherwise you'll be salivating the whole time. The heroine is ALWAYS eating them and, damn, they look DELISH...

SPEC is a drama that I have in my to watch list.
Have you hear there is going to be a Hollywood veresion?

No no no.

No Hollywood.

That's just about never good news.

I know
That is why we have to watch the original version

Besides, there is a LOT of Japanese 'quirky' in SPEC that is just NOT going to translate into any other version.

And it's that 'quirky' that makes that show. Not the stories. Not the crime-fighting or sci-fi (none of which I'd be interested in otherwise), but the two utterly gorgeous but very, very unique (and Japanese) lead characters.

Now I want to shout Go Toma! Go Sebumi! and rip up some sheets of paper and throw them into the air. (Where's himonogirl when you need her?)

I didn't hear that, no! But I'm willing to at least try it :)

HERE! *hides the gyozas*
I believe someone called my name....

You wanna some Itadakimashita, girl?
Imma buy the snow globe for ye (just wait, till I get mine!)

Oh, animes....It's been way too long since the last time I watched one. I think it was ToraDora, or something..

I don't know about Tsuritama (giggles at the name, though) but I really want to see 坂道のアポロン - Sakamichi no Appolon, adapted from a lovely manga, and directed by....Shinichirō Watanabe!!!! THE WATANABE from Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo..Kyaaah!

There's more, since he's reuniting with Yoko Kanno, who did such a fantastic work with the music in Cowboy Bebop.
I just had to watch the trailer to know that my soul was sold.

@Himono I've to run to work... but 坂道のアポロン – Sakamichi no Appolon ---- haven't watched it yet, BUT I have read some excellent reviews (or recaps as it was, on 'Lost in Anime'), so I want to watch that too!

And then I might give Uchuu Kyoudai a try, purely because while I was researching details for my "The Woodsman and the Rain" review (haven't finished it yet) I stopped by Oguri Shun's website only to see Oguri Shun AND Osaki Makada :-):-):-D staring at me as they're doing a film adaptation of Uchuu Kyoudai. Which I'm so going to watch, so I'll have to read the manga/watch the anime to be fully informed. :-)

Arigato gozaimasu!

I enjoyed Nodame Cantabile, and Yoko Kanno is the premier anime soundtrack composer. The trailer looks very intriguing. Plus, I'm a percussionist, so anything involving drums can't be bad. LOL

Alua~

Thank you recommending SPEC, I loved the characters. Hollywood remake? How? Why? Ugh !

I'm going to watch Kagi no Kakatta Heya just so I can get another fix of Erika-san.

@zgznoona - I don't get this remake at all and I wonder how honest the actors were being saying "I'm glad foreign audience will get to see this". Well, foreign audiences ARE already getting to see this. The question "How can they make it without us?" hits the mark much more, because the answer to that is: they can't. Bottom line: Hollywood remakes are only about money.

@Shukmeister - Ah, Nodame Cantabile. I started that at one point, but didn't get far (ep 8). Have to get back into it, but the problem is once I start watching it, I want to watch it ALL and there are so many episodes! (A friend gave me the full set.) So I keep putting it off, but maybe in the summer holidays.

@John - glad you enjoyed SPEC! I haven't watched Kagi no Kakatta Heya, is it good? Didn't realise Erika Today was in it, since they advertise it as "the new Satoshi Ohno drama" on dramacrazy....

@JoAnne You didn't hear what? (sorry you've got me confused!!!)

alua~

Just two Eps of Kagi no Kakatta Heya so far but I like it. It's interesting , Erika plays a greenhorn lawyer, although inexperienced, isn't afraid to voice her opinion.

Ohno plays a security expert who specializes in locks, ( hints that he might have a shady past) .

They meet when Erika's character accidentally locks a bank president in a vault. She later relies on his expertise to solve a mystery involving a client.

Could there be chance of attraction between these two? Too early to tell.

I try to be different. It's not hard in my case. haha...

ahhh, i love J-anime...... haven't watched any recently though.... :(

My father would say "the fan. the sky. the ceiling"

Hello Kewbie! *HUGS*

I'm MJP. I've been off the radar for a little bit. Have we chatted before?

I don't think so, but hello! *hugs* Hope your Friday has been well. I've been off here for a few hours and came back just now after cleaning up the house while listening to "Love in the Ice" by DBSK. Too bad they're all split up (the 5 that is). Other than that, how's everything?

Happy Friday, One and All in Dramabeans Land! Apologies for yet another hit-and-run, as I just returned home about 20 minutes ago from pulling an all-nighter trying to resolve situations at two of our European stores. So before I go collapse for a few hours, I wanna again thank the DB Recappers for keeping up with all the shows this week – remember the old ad campaign from Ma Bell when they were focusing on their long distance service? It’s kinda like that here, where I think the forum tagline should be: “Dramabeans Recaps – The Next Best Thing To Being There.”

And there’s been soooo much juicy news out there in the KDrama World that bears repeating… so as I try to type through slowly-closing eyelids, here’s a few tidbits:

W00T!! Yoo Seung Ho returns to a saeguek, but sadly, not as Woon-ah again. (Drat!) Apparently he is joining the cast of MBC’s “Arang and the Magistrate” (the upcoming drama with Shin Min Ah and Lee Joon Ki) for what is termed a ‘special appearance’ (meaning appearing in only a few episodes) as “The Great Jade Emperor.” Apparently his character will offer some sort of plot advancement to the show, but I’m pedo-ajumma-ing over the fact that he’ll be dressed in robes again. Swoon!!

I did catch the first two episodes of “Happy Ending” (the new Choi Min Soo drama over on JTBC). My heart is already breaking for my Adjusshi Crush, and we’re only a week in!! Argh. And did you guys see that The Jinman (JYP) and Chun Jung Myung are the special guests on “Running Man” this Sunday? Oh my heart explodes with all the goodness on our small screens these days…

I would continue, I can’t even see straight right now. I’m gonna put my head down for a bit and will join you all in progress later today. Enjoy your respective days/afternoons/evenings… mata ne!

Happy Friday chekrell -- hope all is well!

I really am looking forward to Arang and the Magistrate -- out of all the saeguk type shows out there. More than Faith, and more than TSDJ. Not sure why. I think I like the ghost thing going on.

Anyway have a good day!

Kewbie-kins, Happy Friday to you as well! Yup, now that YSH has signed on to 'Arang,' my interest in it went up about 500%. I'm shallow that way... ;)

Wait, Happy Ending started already! Why do you people not tell me these things?!?!?! Excuse me, I have to go run and fetch that now!

Momosan dahling!! *waves* Figured you'd be all over that big time. The usual suspects have torrents up, but I haven't found any subs yet (but not for lack of trying). I'll yell loudly if I find any!! :)

Hey Cherkell! Glad you could stop by at least. Hope the job thing is still okay.

Shukie! Job thing? Same old; same old. Instead of walking on sunshine, I'm tiptoeing on eggshells. I just put one foot in front of the other and motor on, and will do so until someone puts a box on my desk and tells me to fill it up. But thanks for asking, sweetie! :)

{{{hug}}}

A friend of mine got a termination notice a week before his 46th birthday from a job he's had for 14 years, so I know any time a company is undergoing turmoil can't be good.

Don't forget to squeeze in some pampering time (mani, pedi, massage), or at least stop and sniff some flowers.

Hi Cherkell! I was excited about arirang too. 1) because LJK is in it. 2) because shin min ah is in it
And now I have a third reason
YSH is in it.

There should be a law that states that YSH should only act in sagueks with a flowing mane of glory. But if he's a "great jade emperor" i forsee a fake beard :( ugggh!

Fellow Sister-in-Lust, there also should be a law that JCW and YSH should only act in sageuks together and with no one else. Ratings through the roof, baby!!

According to the news feeds, it sounds like YSH is going to be a young-ish fantasy Emperor with no facial hair. Why cover up The Pretty, ne? But bring on the Mane of Glory, yowza!

You know there's only a limited number of 'hit and runs' you get each OT year, right? ;-)

LOL I agree! I originally had scheduled today for a day off to hang out with you guys, but life threw a monkey wrench into the works. Now I can't nap properly because the complex gardeners are here for their weekly assault on my eardrums with their leaf-blowers. Hmpf. :(

Cherkell!!!!!!!! *Squees and envelops in a big HUG*

Hi!

*Giggles and runs off to play*

MJP dahling!! How's you been? Nice to see you back on the playground again. Wee Ones keeping you biz-zayh? ;)

Yahus, Dahling!! Theeenk Yooouuuu!!!

Alrighty then. Since I can't sleep without extra-curricular methods (and it's a bit too early in the day to get wasted since I'll more than likely have to return to the office later), I might as well continue on with my usual blathering... ;)

DramaFever finally wrapped up securing the rights to "Smile Donghae" and started broadcasting episodes 1-20 yesterday!! Yay to that, but you all probably figured what my first e-mail to them was -- "By the way, this drama is 159 episodes, not the 100 that you have posted. Please fix that so you don't mislead your viewers." Maybe I should offer my crack researching services to them... or maybe just some crack.

Forgot to mention that I did sneak in a viewing of "Nameless Gangster" at Cupertino Square a few weeks ago. OMFG, was that ever AWESOME -- good choice for the Baeksang this year, but Choi Min-sik was ROBBED for Best Actor (sorry KSY)!! But as usual, it was this silly gaijin and about 20 other ajummas in the audience at that screening. The week of 11 May, "Unbowed" will be playing here and I will walk through fire to catch that screening -- I met Ahn Sung-ki at the Philadelphia Film Festival on my last trip there in 2007; got pictures and everything, and his English was amazing!

Time for lunch, and my favorite Thai restaurant is calling my name today. Be back in a bit!!

OMG! I just saw this about YSH.
LJK and YSH are crazy beautiful men, and together? Holy schmidt!
Now it makes sense that he is in it but not as a second lead.

He will be gorgeous and wonderful and welcome back Mane of Glory!

Hello!
Is anyone else watching KBS Drama Special: The True Colours of Gang & Cheol, starring Oh Man Seok. It's really good and hilarious. Love it!

When did it air?

Every Friday night on KBS World. Watching episode 3 now :)

I watched it! I'm not used to see OMS in sageuk robes and mane of glory. I love him though, but i always feel funny when he appears on screen...

Funny good or funny bad?

Funny awkward. I definitely like him better in modern attire. I love the man, and i tremendously love his acting but i feel like he is transplanted. Me and sageuks... Complicated relationship. I just love dark assassins and justiciers in them (Princess Man, Unah in WBDS, YAI in SKKS).

Hello Hello Rubysing! *HUGS*

Good to read you are enjoying a Kdrama. I haven't heard of this one. Maybe I'll get to watch it sometime down the line.

Are you well otherwise?

so THAT's what the tittle for that drama special! thank you rubysing for that most needed tittle.
i watched 2nd half of 1st ep, and 1st half of 2nd ep in KBSWorld, but got called away for something, and i was desperate to watch it fully (i luv oh man seok since man in the vineyard), but i dont know the tittle to even search for it anywhere. i've been lurking last week and this weeks OT hoping some1 would mention it. thank you again!

(oh crap, i just realized i missed the 3rd ep now. TT__TT)

Good morning, my Beanie chingus!

Is K2H crazy-good or what????!!!!! This is turning into quite possibly my favorite drama of all time, at least for it's genre...whatever that is...it has it all, action, romance, comedy. I always liked Lee Seung Gi, I think it's the little boy smile, but holy cow, he's blowing me away.

RTP is nearly as good, although a completely different kind of show. I”m really enjoying that. I sit here on Wed/Thu trying to decide what to watch first.

FK is losing me, fast. It's getting too twisted, all Ga Young does is cry and although YAI does pitiful better than just about anyone, I”m losing patience with him. And what's up with she can tell JJH off, but won't tell KYG what's really going on? I dunno....for Mon Tues, I like Love Rain much better. Which is a total surprise.

Once Love Rain got into the present day, it really picked up. It's definitely headed for the melo, but right now it's cute and even though JGS is an oddball, I like watching him. I think Yoona is doing better than expected, so, all in all, I like it so far.

In real life....aaah, who wants to talk about real life. A bit of melo going on in both families, the biological one and the local “we've made our own family” one.

Two sure signs of spring. 1. The swallows are back, the barn cats spend a lot of time on the deck railing looking up, obviously wondering how the heck to get up there. It's 16 ft up, they don't have a chance, but it's sure fun to watch the little wheels turning. And 2. The strawberry farmer is back, selling his just-picked strawberries at the end of my road. Yum!

A couple of shoutouts: Sethe! Our man is gonna do it, I think. My sister in law says if he picks Rubio as a running mate, it will be at least a good looking ticket. Ha!

Ricky HRH: Oppa! We got fingers crossed, prayers going up, thinking good thoughts for you to do great on your finals. My son has his this week, too, so we just added your name after his....

MJP: I hope things are still going good with all your boys!

Shuk: You've been quiet this week on FB, I hope you're doing well.

JoAnne: WAS K2H BEYOND AWESOME!!!????

Leaf: I didn't see you on here last week. How are you doing?

OK, that's all that comes to mind. Ya'll have a GREAT week

Hi shel! Agreed -- everything you said about K2H, RP and LR. I don't watch FK so I don't know much about that. It has been an exciting week for drama!

I haven't been hearing very good things about FK, so I'm really thinking I shouldn't pick it up. -_-'

It started OK, not stellar, but it's just gotten more and more depressing...and kind of confusing.

YES, it is all those bad things, but it is still AMAZING to watch.
There are moments of brilliance that manage to rise above the boggy fog of wtf.

Mostly, of course, it is the two male leads who are beautiful in their own way, and are out acting the script. Shin Se-Kyung is managing to make her ridiculously pathetic character fly even though the writers have shackled her...

I feel like they are trying to do a Bali or a QSS, but can't get their footing long enough to succeed.

I know it doesn't make sense that I don't like the drama, but I love watching the drama.

I'm still watching, and I do like the 3 main actors and think they are doing amazing, but I'm not getting/liking the story much.

But I watched Lie To Me only for my Kang Ji Hwan, so it won't be the first time I finish a drama for no other reason than I like the actor.

I made myself finish MiSa so I could watch So Ji Sub's hair.

Just got a message from Ricky HRH...he's studying like crazy and won't be here, but he says to tell everyone hi!

hello Shel!

King 2hearts is crazy good. I don't know what it is about Lee Seunggi. his portrayal of Jae Ha is like watching him grow up, especially his first day of 1n2d is seem just like yesterday.

Shel!

I'm doing okay - had to go to some daytime classes at the precinct, which offended my nightcrawler instincts and my sleep cycle. Plus, I wasn't able to complete the current two chapters of the fan-fic, so nothing to post at this time. I should be up and running next week, and can upload several chapters and complete the FLNG rig min-arc. Then onward towards the next KDrama twist!

I watched the two most recent epis of RTP, but that's really been about it this week. I know I know, kinda quiet for me and a bit scary. I'm still alive, though, so any day this side of the grass is a good thing.

Anyways, hope Sam and gang are doing well health / job wise. Talk to you soon!

We're hanging in there. Other than incredibly bad allergies. Whoever said on the last OT that plant sex sucks, was right on the money. Yuk.

lol

Hi Shel!

Yup, looks like uri Mittens has it pretty much sewn up. Rubio's got some strong positives (swing state, Cuban-American, young, attractive to the base), but also some strong negatives (little experience, charisma and star-power that might overshadow Romney)... so, we'll see...

I am TOTALLY loving K2H and RTP. They have very different appeals... K2H is super-intense and gripping and addictive, while RTP is just kind of light and relaxing but adorable (although I do at this point actively HATE several of the characters).

Lee Seung-gi is really amazing me in this role... I actually kind of disliked him before (didn't like his character in My Girlfriend is a Gumiho [my first kdrama :)], and always felt that he did way too much of that whiny intonation that Korean lends itself to so well in the roles I'd seen him in), but here he's really pretty awesome, and I totally get his appeal.

Yoochun, too... I was pretty neutral to him before this drama (didn't particularly like or dislike him in Sungkyunkwan Scandal and Miss Ripley), but again, here, I'm totally starting to get why people find him attractive. So, overall, yay for 2 good dramas that give me 2 more hot and sexy men to drool over and fantasize about!

Sethe!!!

Drooling is always good, but keep it off your keyboard - lol.

Glad to see your're doing well and can stop by to say hi.

Hi Shuk! Always nice to see you here.

Yeah, I'm free tonight (it's night for me) and was feeling in the mood to check out the OT.

I've been rewatching City Hunter this week... what a fantastic drama! Lee Min-ho really does have the most amazingly expressive eyes... and Korea really does have some phenomenally talented young actors.

I've been trying to think who their equivalents would be in the US (people like Lee Min-ho, Jang Geun-seok, Lee Seung-gi...) -- huge young TV stars who are also actually very good actors. I'm kind of blanking out... any thoughts?

I like Supernatural's Jensen Eckles and Jared Padelacki. Eye candy and awesome acting by these 2. The Big Bang Theory actors are great albeit not the eye candy material of the aforementioned korean actors.

Problem with me, Sethe, is that working midnight shift means I'm mostly at work during prime time hours, and sleeping most of the day.

So I would have to defer to anyone else out there.

Shel - K2H is beyond words. There are so many people to love..but our heros just thrill me to bits. Show, I am SO HAPPY WITH YOU.

Shel Baby! *HUGS*

Glad to hear you are all healed up. Sad to hear about the family melo, but that's live isn't it? It comes... It goes... It comes back again! LOL!!!

We are all doing fine here. Hubby took a 1/2 day today, but is still working from home. So I am on standby for fun. Which is good because I have time to come online and chat with everyone (or try to!)!!!

What is FK by the way? I know the others you are watching.

I've had to cut myself off from the Thailand dramas, way too addicting and no sleep. Each one is two hours long and they go from 14 to 30 episodes long. I wasn't sleeping at all. So, no more of those puppies!

FK would be Fashion King

You're right about the melo....it comes, it goes....and it comes back. Usually it's my baby sister aka Dramaqueen, which is usually blown all out of proportion and I just ignore her. But this time it's not her, and it's a bit more serious. And the local "family" feud will blow over somewhat, as soon as both parties (one a feisty Jersey girl and the other the stubborn Arab hubby of her neighbor) cool off a bit, it'll all blow over until the next time, lol. Both families are good friends, so we just act like it's all OK and carry on, lol

I hadn't started on Thai dramas yet, but t sounds like a good thing I haven't. My 4 shows are maxing me out.

Shel, deary...

Thailand dramas you may not like. Lots and lots of violence, rape, heavy on the melo. There isn't nudity, but very violent. So beware before you venture. You may wish to stay away from the "slap-kiss, revenge" lakorns and stick with the romance/comedy ones.

They suck me in with the melo wondering what is going to happen next! MJP Hubby said today as we out and about that he is glad I stopped watching them because I needed to get more sleep.

Hiya Shel!! Another great day here in The Valley -- blue skies as far as I can see (at least until the haze settles in around 4 PM as usual). Hope the fambly stuff settles down to a dull roar soon -- you should still be in 'recuperative mode' and taking it easy!! Don't make me drive down there and have to bake you cookies or something!! :D

Oh...cookies! When Hazmik was here, she made cookies like every other day, lol.

But, if you're gonna drive down here, this is the time of year to do it. When it's not raining, it's pretty spectacular. By June, the fog will roll back in until October, lol.

Good day everyone!~
There's too many dramas too watch le sigh ~
Seriously since when this this happen :P
Lucky I have all the time in the world right now haha
Currently in a transition period I finished school
but I haven't enrolled college :)

Hi Hana! lucky you!! i felt like those days were ages ago! Mine were around "Full House". i can't name any major event, but i can remember what drama i watched then.

Greetings Hana! *HUGS*

I'm MJP and I've not been able to be on the OT for a bit. Nice to meet you!

Congratulations on finishing school. What type of college are you planning on enrolling in? (No names, but what type of education is more what I mean.)

What field would you like to graduate from? vocational, 2 yr, 4 yr, masters? Doctorate? etc.

What is your dream?

Ah I'm planning on taking a 1 year foundation course then straight to medicine. I hope I don't regret it though ~ the amount of studying that needs to be done and not to mention stress :P
Guess I won't be able to watch that many dramas once I start my degree course lol~

I am loving King2Hearts...not as engaged in Rooftop Prince but liking it overall. But the music is great in both. Still, my favorite use of music was the first 6 or so episodes of Flower Boy Ramen Shop. Man, that show was a master class is use of music for humor, irony, everything. Perhaps they used up their budget and had to reduce music rights after that. Still it was terrific, if not quite as fab, to the end.

Anyway, I am trying to make a list of Kdramas to watch that go by, for the most part, the romance tropes/traditions. You know...the back hug, wrist grab, etc. Anyone want to jump in and help?
Shining Inheritance?
My Princess?

I think you may need a list of ones that DON'T!
:D
Seriously, they all have those elements to help us viewers recognize where the OTP is in the timeline of hate to lurrrve.

And as much as I LOVE Hunky* in K2H, Shining Inheritance was boring, and not satisfying, and I barely finished it. (Don't throw things.)

*Coined by lisah from the her meme: Does Seung Ki rhyme with Hunky?
Answer: YES!

I wouldn't dream of throwing things at you ! And I agree about SI/BL. :)

I just love the screencap of Seung Gi winking in last night's TK2H recap, so I started calling him Winky/윈 기 or Winky Wang/윈 기 왕 (King Winky-- which of course made me think of Kinky King Winky... ). I think we need to have a caption contest for that shot.

I screen capped like a mad woman during Ep 12.
Between the hot and coolness of KHA kicking ass and the King being all thoughtful and loving...sigh...

I got through five minutes of Brilliant Inheritance and shut it off. They were talking about how scary African-Americans were and something else that annoyed me (can't recall right now). I mean at least with Hana Yori Dango they waited until I had already invested in a good chunk of the series before unveiling the scary black people stereotype.

oMG!
My daughter 13 at the time and I were watching Hana Yori Dango together when that stuff hit.
I don't know who was more shocked. I swear my jaw dropped to the ground.
Dudes, seriously? Who wrote that stuff for both dramas you mentioned?

Even in the manga the attackers weren't scary black dudes so yeah...I didn't get it either. So unnecessary.

Loving king2hearts, but i suddenly dropped rooftop prince around episode 6 cause it started to bore me (and it started off so fun considering i was hooked by ep1 and 2), maybe i'll stick to checking up on recaps?

I'm with Jomo - Shining Inheritance was a disappointment.

Wintergirl! *HUGS*

There is this great site that has a bunch of ideas.

Friday, finally

Watching:

Love Rain

Rooftop Prince

Queen Inhyun's Man

I now see why Ricky luvs Yoo In Ya.

Hi John! *HUGS*

I finally got to watch eps 1 and 2 of Queen Inhyun's Man. I was squealing as I was so happy for Ricky TRH that his lovely wifey Yoo In-na was finally a lead actress.

So what do you think if it? I'm a little hesitant so far because I am skipping large parts thus far, which means I am bored with the modern times portion of it. Are you watching it straight through? I don't like Sageuk's but I find the storyline from that era more fascinating that her storyline.

What think ye, John?

MJP~

I've seen the first two Eps , as I have to wait on the subs.

I like the Sageuk storyline too, it's the stronger story of the two so far.

I really didn't want to get sucked into this drama, but I'm already hooked. One of my daughters is just the same - all I had to say was "time-travelling scholar" and she was ready to watch the whole thing.

Skelly,

LOL! My Hubby and teen are watching Dr. Who everynight! I showed my teen this show last night, but he was more interested in telling me the history of Queen In-Hyun than watching the drama and he's from South Korea! Kids...

Hi John! How is everything?

BTW, what website do you watch QIM on? Or do you download it?

Kewbie ~

Dramacrazy.net has Eps 1 & 2 subbed. 3 & 4 raw, as of this am.

Things are fine, I was off today so the wife and I had lunch and then off to buy stuff for a outdoor planter project.

Yesterday we had a couple of tons of gravel delivered for our patio project. Moved about 2/3 of it yesterday.

Cue Tennessee Ernie Ford's song 16 Tons here.

Oh, and a mouse chewed a hole in a hose for the dishwasher, so there's that to fix. I chewed the cat out for sleeping on the job.

John,

I totally agree with you. I wonder why though... Is the modern storyline going to get better when they have fused the characters? Hmm, I sure hope so.

Who's subbing it? I haven't seen it anywhere yet. Not that I need another show to get all addicted to, lol.

Dark Smurf :)

Shel,

Here's where I'm watching it at:

John!

What about the drink experiments? How are they going? Just as dramatically? lol

Shuk~

Still waiting for it to finish brewing, another month or two.

Hi John! i love Queen In Hyun's man too! i felt like its so different with other time traveling drama. especially with the Hero finds out how he get to the future so fast! nice!!

Kelinci biru~

It's cool how he can travel back and forth.

anybody else watching hero on hulu and wondering how hulu can offer korean dramas but not be up to date! how rude are they! I really like yang dong geun- his delivery and energy remind me of jack nicholson in his best moments. I watched kid gang this week that show is so funny and it had lee ki woo who is gorgy porgy.
My funny kdrama list looks like this now:
History of the Salaryman
Kid Gang
Coffee House
My Girl
Bad Couple
Soulmate ( just started rewatching it I almost passed out on the vomit scenes- so weird.)

I started Sweet spy- I like my country calls better, there doesn't seem to be any story and dennis oh has what tom waits would refer to as the style but not the grace. He might be big in japan though.

I remember being very excited hearing about the new dramas but I can't seem to click the button to start any of them.

I totally agree. It takes awhile sometimes. Also, Hulu gets some of the dramas from Dramafever, and that could take awhile because of the subbing. Kinda off the subject, but I found it funny that Hulu renamed "Shut Up: Flower Boy Band" as "Shut Up and Let's Go". Did you (or anyone else) notice that?

I don't know about other dramas but this hero is part of their cjentertainment partnership. I actually like shut up and let's go better.

Ah I didn't know that. At least they actually say, "Shut up, and go" a few times throughout the drama. :-)

Using the phrase "Flower boy band" doesn't really work for an American audience, unless you're going for the Queer as Folk demographic ;) Probably that's what Hulu changed the title. (And I think the sentence "Shut up and let's go" comes up a few times in the show, so it might be as appropriate.)

I've always thought about watching Kid Gang because it seemed quirky but somewhere along the line it fell off my radar.

*makes mental note for the future*

I think Hulu is doing a pretty good job keeping up with the popular ones like K2H, RP, and EM, even if I do get frustrated waiting for them to be subbed and added. But, yeah, they're starting to fall behind with Hero, and I'm a little miffed. I want MORE!!

Kid Gang!!!! I finished that just a few weeks ago. : ) Lee Ki-Woo was so good, and he and Kim Bin-Woo's storyline was so funny and sweet. I wish they'd done more with that. By the way, did anyone else notice that the wedding scene was almost a carbon copy of the final scene of Bad Family?

Yeah, Hero is falling behind in Dramacrazy too, which drives me crazy. Ah, I should have waited to marathon it. Perils of live-watching, I suppose.

ahjummabunny love! *HUGS*

I am curious, what do you mean not up to date? I went onto hulu.com to check out Hero. Hulu is getting the data from viki.com. And there are all 16 episodes out there on hulu as of today.
But in answer to your comment, Hulu has always been way to slow. (*Warning Waxing Historical*) I remember watching Playful Kiss and ending up going to viikii.com's website, but back then they wouldn't let us watch before they translated on the old website. They told us to go to dramabean.net (which is a really bad website) but it taught me to root out the dramas via various websites. Thankfully they have the new website and we can watch while they work.

I think you're talking about MBC's Hero. We're talking about OCN's Hero, which is still airing.

hugs!!!! It's good to read from you. I remember viikii.com days too! They're not so long ago, I started with mysoju and googled all the video links from them to find new episodes.

Hulu just added episode 5 of Hero. Yay!

I saw, I danced, I manse-ed! I feel a little let even though it was such a good episode. I think it's because I waited forever for one episode after watching 4 back to back. I started immortal classic and the first episode was pretty good I thought.

I really like Soulmates. Fortunately, I blocked out the vomit scene.

I think sa kang did too, because otherwise how could she keep seeing that guy. ha ha

Hello dramabeaners, my dear community!
See how my name is not written in the same color anymore? Yes, Deeno and Raine wiped away my last doubts. Red pill or blue pill? Welcome to my Queendom.

Funny thing: Can Love Become Money recap.
I have a lot of views, but not much comments, so??

**Illumination**:
People come to read because they think:
1: I'm a new-age guru who teaches how to transform prayers of love into money.
or
2: I'm a producer of erotic movies.
Thanks Korea for your generic English titles.
A good laugh and a good lesson of humility. I wonder if some people land on The K2Hearts recaps thinking it's about a strange medical case involving a monarch.
:) :)

Next thing, I have found a new respect for recappers all around the world... So time consuming. Consequence: I decided to change my strategy. Remember the long posts where i said i was watching 20 dramas at the same time? Finished. I will drop half of them and learn how to be selective with my food.

Now, post and let's see what my friends have to say this week.

Doesn't it feel like I there's only 6 of us out there that are watching this? I do have all the episodes stacked up on my DVR that beg to be viewed... but until Genentech perfects some sort of cloning process, this too will have to wait. (BTW, congrats on the new home -- I'll stop by later and TP your trees! :P )

Thanks chingu! With all those time travel dramas, how i don't understand how we can't have a solution to enjoy our dramas 26 hours a day. I don't want to be cloned: We would kill each other...

LOL that reminds me of the old saying, "My karma is fighting with my dogma"... or "I'm my own worst enemy." My problem would be that *both* me and my clone would want to stay home 24/7 to watch dramas. And then be fighting over the remote. Hell to the no. :P

Love the blog! I'll finish reading the CLBM recap and spazz over there instead of boring everyone here on the OT...

7!
7 of us!
I am watching, too!

I'm watching too. And it's all Mystisith fault. That recap made it look way too good!