Lucky Soul – “White Russian Doll” [ Download ]

I just finished watching City Hall. It has taken me just over 2 weeks to watch this drama. I just wasn’t able to marathon it like I’ve done so many other shows, mainly because I really, really, really dislike politics – for many of the very reasons portrayed in the drama. So for the first half of the show, I had to watch it in small doses of one or two episodes a day. I read the recaps after watching each ep, as is my custom, because the recaps always give me greater insight into Korean culture, language, customs, etc, and I always come away having learned something. So thank you, Samsooki, for your awesome recaps!

At first, I simply did not get the hullabaloo over the show. It was certainly well-acted and funny at times, and I had enough hints to know the romance would pick up. But it was hard to push through those first 5-6 episodes. I kept reading comments about the “epic love story” and how awesome the drama is, so I persevered and I can honestly say that I’m very glad I did. While City Hall is not my favorite drama of all times, it is one of the best. Kudos to Kim Sun Ah and Cha Seung Won! When I watched CSW in Greatest Love, I never completely understood the raving over him. Now, thanks to City Hall, I get it 

What to watch next…what to watch next…..

Hello Stacy, *HUGS*

Did you already watch My Lovely Kim Sam Soon? It would be a good follow up and Samsooki did the recaps for that as well. It stars Kim Sun Ah and Hyun Bin.

Hello Miss MJP!

Hello AhjummaBunny Love! *HUGS tightly*

My cha seung won raving started with bodygaurd. that's an action comedy. I don't think city hall is the greatest anymore, but it has some of my favorite adult characters. I'm just finishing up protect the boss and I thought I would hate the ending (I'm only up to episode 15) but I don't. I think it makes perfect sense that things go the way they're going.
A good place to get drama recommendations is to scan the db recap list. Her older recaps are usually more quality over popularity.

Bodyguard is the first thing I had seen him in too, but didn't know that it was the same guy from Athena.

I just love watching Cha Seung Won in anything, even commercials!

speaking of commercials! There's this jang hyuk ramen commercial that's been playing often.. He is clean shaven and he looks like such a kid.

Jang Hyuk is the guy from Chuno, no? Wow... him looking like a kid?!? What, did he lose all his muscles? ;)

Hi ahjummabunny! I watched a little bit of Bodyguard, but then moved on to something else, for some reason (my fickleness?). Maybe I'll go back to it one of these days... it did seem interesting.

I'm glad you think Protect the Boss is going the way it should -- I agree completely :)

PTB! So much love :)

I miss PTB and my JiSung. Maybe I'll go back and watch it again...

hello ahjummabunny and mjp, miss you pipz! been so busy with work and stuff lately haven't visited OT for a while.

i;m glad with all the CSW fever here coz i just love the man so much. even did the vitwater bottle with his cover on it...courtesy of th em.

ajb, glad you like ptb, it was a really good stuff to watch, did live streaming even if i don't understand korean.

nonski - i adore him too. i really enjoy how he really lets himself go in his acting. best love was hysterical for that reason. He was so OTT sometimes it had me cackling! And then he can be completely sexy the next minute.

OMG, yes! He plays his characters so OTT, yet in his real life, he seems so normal... (But always sexy ;) )

Sethe - We shall fangirl together and be eternally happy.

Hi Nonski! *HUGS, HUGS, and more HUGS* (to make up for not seeing your posts for so long.)

Good to read you!

hi MJP missed you guys... just been very busy with work, hope to make it up next OT.~~~

TGIF! :)

Love City Hall and Greatest Love. CSW is a great actor. Hope to see him in a new drama soon!

I second everything you said. Hope to see CSW in ANYTHING new soon :)

Yep! I've watch those two movies more then a couple of times each already! LOL

Hi Sethe, *HUGS*

Or without ANYTHING on soon? :-)

Hi MJP! Always glad to see you here!

The idea of CSW "without anything on" soon is just making me dizzy and faint... it's really too much stimulus for even my imagination (but in a good way, of course) :)

How's the family, BTW?

Ooh. That sounds good. ;0)

Hi Sethe, *HUGS*

The family is doing alright. A few problems with Teen MJP, but that is to be expected. Always bumps along the road.

How is teaching? Kids behaving for you? Wee MJP has a listening problem, so he has to have time outs with his teacher.

Hugs back at you, MJP.

I think I mentioned I was an exchange student myself back in high school, so I can certainly identify with the problems with adaptation a family might have. Blessings on you for dealing with it all!

Teaching... sigh... the majority of my students are fantastic, but there are those few I just want to... what... vaporize? smack? eliminate? turn to toads? And the only real punishment we have available is to send them to "study hall" (meaning they stay after class to make up the work they didn't do for class, or re-take tests they failed.)

Question for the cognoscenti: I know the polite thing to do in Korea is to give and take things with two hands... how rude is it when my students take a paper (test, or whatever) from me with only one hand?

Welp, get ready to watch both CSW and (my precious) Ji Chang Wook in the MV they're currently filming with T-ara for the songs "Lovey Dovey" and "Cry Cry." Two 15-minute segments and should be out sometime in November, but I will bet the farm that it will be banned right away by the KMRB -- there's guns and beatings and blood and all that stuff we're used to over here in the States.

Saw some of the teaser photos earlier this week. Those two look absolutely all bad-ass and yummy (but you know I'm biased...). Can't wait to see the final versions!!

There's a pretty graphic fight scene in a 2pm/2am video or it might be a tvxq(?) video. And there's the one in by homme laughing . . .

What? How've I heard nothing about this? It sounds fantastic!!!

I posted two photo sets of BTS pics on my Tumblr feed, and have probably another 35 more individual ones to still put up, but I have to log off now to spend the next 6 hours in deposition prep. Geez, how I hatehatehate it when work gets in the way of my spazzing!! :)

Still trying to figure out who *exactly* is the "Bad Guy" in this mini-movie... looking at the BTS, it could go either way. But dayum, seeing Changwook-ssi in a tailored suit and a scar on his cheek? SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! ::faint::

Speaking of mini-movie commercials and videos, has anyone seen Lee Min Ho's Toyota Camry commercial? Part one is up on youtube and part 2 will be released in Nov.

Cherkell, I so super stalked your page just now. That is oodles of hotness. There should be a warning on that thing for all unsuspecting fangirls...

Stacy, no I hadn't seen the commercial but he is super hot in that first one. HOWEVER, who else does it bother that there's a hospital in a car commercial? The FIRST thing I thought was that the Toyota put him in the hospital. Of course, that isn't the truth but...

Just watched LMH and the Toyota/Camry mini-movie (pt.1). What a hoot! I loved it when they're in the car and he remembers his name (listening to his apps, etc.) - the doctor tells him in admiration "You remembered so fast! You're terrific!" and LMH has to SERIOUSLY say "It's not me, it's the Camry!!" LMAO!

just checked out your tumbr and followed your account...kekeke. thanks for all those hot pics~~~

Hi Cherkell, *HUGS*

Thanks for the video links! I watched them earlier, but was too tired to post a reply and napped instead! :-)

Cha Seung Won towered over everyone else in the cast!

Get out of my head, Stacy. It was surreal reading your comment for I felt the same way about City Hall. It took me a long time (by drama watching standards, anyway) to get through it, but then I ended up really liking it. Haha.

Happy Friday.. I just finished The Princess Man in 3 days.. oh god.. Park Shi Hoo is damn hot.. now I'm officially his die hard fan...

That's how long it took me too! It was AMAZING. Ahhh, Park Shi-hoo, he's definitely in my top 5. If you haven't watched them yet I recommend, Queen of Reversals and Prosecutor Princess. He was great in both.

I want to join in the PSH love so I started Queen of Reversals months ago...and stopped at like episode 3...I'll have to start again LOL.

Hi Syer, Girlatsea, & Hipployta, *HUGS, HUGS, and HUGS*

I first fell for Park Shi Hoo in Queen of Reversals. I didn't watch the whole thing through, I just picked up when he and the female lead started romancing each other.

I then watched parts of Prosecutor Princess to get more of him. But I draw the line at Sage-yucks. To me it's like watching American Western's (style of movie/drama) I just don't get it. That's just me though.

I so totally appreciate Park Shi Hoo's man boobs though, he sure is built! It helps that he can act so well too! :-)

I can totally see where you're coming from with the comparison between sageuks and American Westerns. I never got into Westerns myself (maybe for the same reason I have a strong disdain for certain Texas politicians...) -- anybody remember "Shane!... Come back, Shane!...?

But I've really enjoyed the sageuks I've seen recently. I've always liked history, and I guess I like learning (in a fun, entertaining way) about a different culture's history. Plus, they're so colorful, and have such beautiful costumes and scenery.

"man boobs" hahaha! I love you, MJP

I like some westerns, but I grew up on them, Dad was a diehard John Wayne fan. And Clint Eastwood.

Favorite "westerns": Quigley Down Under (although that's actually Australia) because I love Tom Selleck (eye candy) and the bad guy (same guy played Snape, having a brain fart right now, can't remember his name) was soooooooo good at being bad. And City Slickers with Billy Crystal. OK, neither one of them are really "westerns", lol.

hipployta I was never able to what more than half of ep 1
of QR and I tried to like it.

currently watching Queen of Reversal for PSH sake.. I'm still halfway but I know he'll win the girl.... can't wait to see more scenes of him because the 1st half of the series is a bit boring without him.....

I didn't see the whole of queen of reversals I watched in bits and pieces and saw the ending. I didn't like the ending, the beginning and only a few of the middle episodes.

I really didn't care for the ending either. of QoR that is.

Ahjummabunny: I was so ambivalent about QoR I actually stopped on episode 28 and jumped to the end. I really loved the individual acting and I felt like it really showed PSH versatility but the directing made me feel like one more minute of whatever scene I was watching would put me to sleep. But then scenes would change and I would get interested again. I did like the mature depiction of divorce and dealing with the child, dating and each other. It's hard to portray (obviously) but I'm glad they broached such a difficult subject.

As for Prosecuter Princess, that was the first thing I ever saw him in. Seriously, I adore that show, and not just for him. I hate that stupid song "Goodbye, My Princess". Badly sung, too loud all the time and not affective AT ALL. And her hair...guh. But that aside, a really good series and depicted adult relationships; no stiff-backed, wimpy kisses, avoiding sexual implications, blushing every 4 seconds.

and TPM - I'm on episode 16. I'm really enjoying it. A lot. I find PSH attractive through the whole thing if only because he really got into character really well from the beginning. in QoR is kinda took me a while to warm up to his character although my feasting eyes were happy from the 1st second. But the contrast and growth in characters is the hugest draw for me in that story. Although when he puts on that assassin outfit...heehee...*squee*

The only good thing about Prosecutor Princess was Park Shi Hoo and Kim So yeon's shoes. Kim So yeon's acting annoyed me which shocked me as I loved her in IRIS. Her hair also annoyed me bot overall it was an okay drama.

I'm on ep 3 of Princess' Man and enjoying it so far but for the Storyline...

And is it just me who doesn't find Park Shi hoo attractive... he looks to smug and self centered in it.... but I suppose that's just the Character...

but will keep watching it due to how everyone's raving about it even though no is doing Recaps which would really really help on this drama....

He will become hot later on! trust me.... His character will make a major transformation...

I don't really find him attractive either. There's something about his face... ^^;

There is something weird about Park Shi-Hoon’s face in The Princess’ Man. (I will try to avoid spoilers.) In a key scene where he is aboard a ship being taken to an island against his will, he doesn’t really have access to anything nearby, but he is clean shaven and not a lot smudges on his face. His hair looks like it had been brushed a few hours before. He was sitting in the same position for hour and hours, yet he was able to make land with out any problems.
This drama did not let the actors act very much and instead used the costumes and the camera do much of the acting. Oh yeah and the "cho-na attitude"(set up shot, say something with reverence and then react to what to what was said., next shot) stood in for dialogue. I was trying to find a few scenes where two actors had a dialogue in the same shot, but they were hard to find. PSH can act but got robbed on this drama because there where scenes that could have been really memorable if he where allow to act to his ability. By the way and I don’t mean it in a negative way, but did they spray tan his face his face and lips in The Princess’ Man as his skin color looks different than in QOR and PP?

It's his mouth. There's just something not quite right about his mouth.

ahh, you're so lucky you got to marathon them! i watched during the middle of it's airing period, and i killed me to wait T__T you simply can't with a show with so many cliffhangers! park shi hoo in his black assassin outfit is LOVE *__*

i'm a TPM fan... the drama is just so darn good! It helps that PSH is sooooo good in there too, and with his moobs...hehehe.

I have nothing to watch!

Poseidon is terrible; Man of Honor's not being subbed and it's not really my cup of tea anyway; and a Thousand Day Promise is too sad.

I'm crazy-addicted to Running Man but the newest episode was preempted for a baseball game, so I'm contemplating starting another variety show. Any recs?

What do you like?
What type of "oldies" would you be interested in?

Funny stuff! I've tried sageuks but unless they're adorable like, for example, SKKS, I just can't seem to finish them. I don't like heavy angst, and I've already finished all the 2010/2011 ~classics like Secret Garden, Dream High, City Hunter, etc. :/

What's Up Fox is funny, and you get PIE.

Protect the Boss?

I LOVED Protect the Boss. So basically my problem is that I forgot to practice sustainability with my kdramas. Should've spaced them out. So many regrets.

Soulmate
Personal Taste;
9 end 2 outs;
Coffee House
** Last Scandal of my Life - Don't let the title fool you!
Hello My Teacher
Feelings - LOVED THIS OLDE TYME drama 1994
Couple or Trouble

I didn't see DalJa's Spring, but I have heard it is good.

I hate the title last scandal of my life. I think the lead actress worked one 1 other project before she died!!!!

God, this will make me sound like a total junkie, but I've seen Personal Taste, Coffee House, Hello My Teacher, and Couple or Trouble. Will queue the other ones. Thanks!

DalJa's is good but have to say it is quite long for its storyline but with Lee Min Ki around who can complain. *winks*

Most of this I have on my 'to watch' list except for Soulmate. Which would you suggest starting with?

I actually couldn't make it past the first couple of episodes of The Last Scandal of My Life... I couldn't tolerate how the characters were so physically abusive to each other.

(Incidentally, that's why I didn't love Coffee Prince as much as everyone in the world seems to... the characters in the relationships were SO abusive to each other, in words, if not in actions.)

Now, I'm a liberal person, but physical abuse that appears perfectly condoned -- from anybody to anybody -- really turns me off.

Hi Jomo, *HUGS exuberantly*

Happy Friday!

Hello MJP!
Hugs back -
What is up and what is new?

Jomo,

I would say the sun is up, but with all the rain and clouds, it's been hard to tell for sure. Having to have the lights on in the house pretty much all day.

Say, are you going to the SM Town concert? I wonder how many of the DB'ers are going?

If you are, will you be making some videos and uploading them? I would love to see SuJu. I always watch the fan vids after concerts. But some of them are just totally crazy, jumping up and down and the mass amounts of screaming. Fan girls and video equipment just do not go together at SuJu concerts, I've found.

Other than it being fall, there isn't much new in my neck of the woods. How about yours?

Have you seen Dream Team, Star Golden Bell, Oh My School, Win Win, or Happy Together? If you have a band you're a fan of you might try one of their shows.

I haven't seen any of these, wow. Wiki's telling me some of them are in the ~300 episode range and that's a little overwhelming. Can I just jump in, and if so, at what point?

Yup...just jump in

I really like win/win and gag concert

Running Man is my fav variety show since Family Outing 1... did you watch it? Happy Together is good too... my Yoo Jae Suk bias is showing :D

FAMILY OUTING. They mention it occasionally on Running Man, so I thought about checking it out but it's not easy finding good subs or whole episodes.

A++++ for YJS bias. I'm strangely attracted to him, shhh. :D

i-subs has all the family outing episodes subbed so maybe you could check that out? they've been subbing running man too :)

omg yessss YJS <3

The people who sub Running Man have most of the FO episodes on their site too.

Kshownow has Family Outing. Watch Season 1 with Hyori. Honestly, I've never laughed as hard watching a variety show as I have with these older episodes - especially when they're near a beach and have to do water games. OMG - Hyori is a ruthless cheater, and she didn't give a crap about her "idol" appearance - she just goes for the win and is totally shameless about it. The episode with Choi Soo Joong (EofS) is especially funny - the entire cast holds him in complete awe.

I love FO S1. The look on Rain's face when Park Ye-Jin gut seafood is hilarious. Is like he's staring at his guardian angel when she's teaching him to clean seafood. LMAO! Cha Seung-won episode is funny too, CSW vs. Darth Vader, plus he's brave to start a cook-off against Hyori... so man! ㅋㅋㅋ

Family Outing sounds pretty funny. I haven't ever seen that one.

Hi Nana, *HUGS*

If you don't mind watching RAW, you could start the new Japanese group KAT-TUN's show called:

[http://www.dramacrazy.net/japanese-variety/kattun-zettai-manetakunaru/]

Or, If you need subs, how about the Japanese group Arashi's show called:

[http://www.dramacrazy.net/japanese-variety/vs-arashi/]

If you prefer Korean variety shows, how about Strong Heart?

[http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-variety/strong-heart/]

I wish I could explain how hilarious this comment is to me. <3 Arashi was my first boyband obsession, roughly six years ago. I still have scars from the great Arashi vs KAT-TUN war.

I think I'll check out Strong Heart if I can find it subbed. THANK YOU!

Nana,

If you copy and paste the link I put above, they do have some of them subbed.

I liked the one episode of strong heart that I watched a lot. It was with Choi min soo and the super juniors. I laughed like crazy throughout the whole thing.

Is there anywhere to find Strong Heart more regularly subbed because I would love to watch it :D

And not just for Lee Seung gi of course.... ^looks other way^
Honest!

Viki is running a channel for SH - some subbed, some not (yet), but at least they're working on it. :)

^sighs^ Damn Viki becoming legal and everything... :(

They say not available in my Area (yes the UK is K Pop dessert ^cries^)

Of course, Leaf, desert, as in Gobi and the Sahara ... barren, dry, all sand dunes.

I DREAM of the UK being K-pop DESSERT ... all that sweet yumminess and gooey tanginess and melt-in-your-mouth richness .......

Perhaps once the '12 Olympics are over, there'll be lots of venues needing acts to fill them, and the K-pop wave can become bigger and bigger .....

Ah spelling fail again....
But maybe it was my subconscience tell me this is what it should be like?

And remember the United Cube concertin the UK? Don't give up hope yet!! Plus apparently there are talks for others as well :D

Yeah... I know, unlikely... but you never know!! :D

We will hold out hope ...... and light candles for it!

That's terrible!!! We'll add you poor deprived UK-ers to our prayer list. Can you not download any of them either? Check http://www.dramaload.com, it's not free, but it's pretty cheap.

Nah downloading is not the problem....

It's finding subtitles as unfortunately speaking Korean is not something I can do (yet...)

^sighs^

dramaload has subtitle files that you can download with the drama. Well, actually, you download two separate files, but the subtitle file takes about 10 secs. Then you put them both into the same folder and your player picks it up (as long as you have the plug in). There is directions on the site. You can email me at [email protected] and I can help you try it. I have to have subtitles, also, I don't speak anything but English and the spanish swearwords I learned in HS, lol.

Using D addicts or soompi to download and then find subtitles isn't a problem (I have an adversion to spending money... wait, that's not exactly true ^looks worryingly at bank balance^) but haven't been able to find subs for Strong Heart yet :( Everything else I found easy though!

I realized I was in a drama slump. There weren't any dramas I was marathoning, and even those I watched I was only half heartedly watching. I felt ashamed. But then I added a little drama called Happy together to my netflix queue. I chose it for jo min soo ( will it snow/piano) and it's early, but I keep thinking I love this drama and I suddenly want to watch many, many dramas!

Are you me? Drama slump is the worst. So, apparently, Happy Together has 496 episodes? Where/which season did you start from?

Nana - Happy Together is a show that you can pull up any episode to watch - it doesn't (to me) have any type of pre-history where it wouldn't make sense to watch the show without seeing older ones first.

noooo. happy together with jo min soo, lee byung hun and hand towel. I think the happy together you're thinking of is a variety show right?

Ah, sorry! First ten things that pop up when you google are for the variety show so I just assumed.

MR. HAND TOWEL, YOU SAY? I'm in. Thank you!

ahjummabunny Love,

Did you say Hand Towel? The Mr. Hand Towel? Where, where is he? He's being a bit lazy and not doing any new Kdramas.

I've been in a drama slump (too) for more than a month. Is it me or is it the choices of dramas out there these days? *sigh*

I'm waiting for a few more episodes of Tree with Deep Roots before I start watching it. It's Song Joong-ki that's got me interested. I hope that when I do, SJK's episodes had laid a good foundation to keep me going on with the drama.

Happy Friday to you. :)

I did not realize Netflix had become k-drama savvy. Does it have a good selection or is it like Hulu?

Raine, it's about like Hulu. I could be wrong but I think each has a very few things the other doesn't, but neither has a huge selection.

I'd say right now hulu's selection is better than netflix as far as live streaming goes, but they have quite a few older dramas that seem interesting. They are adding new movies and dramas each month though.

I should renew my subscription to netflix....

BTW, does anyone know of a well subbed TPM. The subs seem to be computer generated and its driving me insane.

If you havent watched it yet, I would definitely recommend Family Outing 1. Yoo Jae Suk is too hilarious for words. I enjoyed most of the episodes even though a lot of then I don't even know the guests.
Also, they make the food look so delicious!
But since you are into Running Man...most likely you've watched Family Outing....

Haven't watched it yet but it's definitely jumped to the top of my to-watch-list now! Thank you! <3

Hello everyone!

I've been going on saguek (sageuk? spell-check spell-check where have you been?) frenzy this week.

First, I started watching Damo. Watched the first 4 episodes and then I found Emperor of the sea on dramafever which I had been desperately waiting for. So i switched to that. I finished 7 episodes. I must say that so far I feel EotS a little more addictive than Damo. Perhaps its just that I'm not a fan of the flying-through-trees-walking-on-air martial arts style which I see in Damo. Is that called wuxia?

And I already like moon's character! waaee? why do I always fall for the bad boy (and in this case he really is bad! no fake stabbing going on with this character.) when I already know he's going to end up like a porcupine? I mean! he's literally famous on this thread just for his death.

Happy friday everyone!

Hi Aoiaheen, *HUGS*

Happy Friday to you! I don't like them, sage-yucks (that's what I call them, so I can't help with the spelling.) :-)

Hello MJP! Hugs to you too! sage-yuck? LOL. Since they always seem to end in tragedy I might end up hating them soon too.

Hey, aoiaheen!
Am so happy to see that you're watching my hands-down, original favorite EotS! I still get that warm, squeely feeling thinking about the BROmance with CSJ and his pals! I mean, how could you NOT wind up BFFs after facing death together multiples of times?! :) I just love my boys, and that total hottie, SIG just eats the scenery! My brain still shuts down a bit, even after all these years, when thinking about the last episode - but it was well worth the ride. Enjoy! (And now I've got the OST rattling around in my head...)

"how could you NOT wind up BFFs after facing death together multiples of times" So true. I think that is probably why I've been loving my sagueks lately. The stakes are always higher. The reason for friendship is not just "we like the same music" its, "We've put our lives on the line to save each other".

The bromance just seems stronger in situations like these.

Omg aoiaheen - I've just started watching Damo too! In fact Episode 3 is on pause right at this very moment ^^

Yeah, I also find the obvious wire work slightly jarring, but it already seems like an awesome regardless. It's not wuxia though, wuxia is a term only applied to cdrama/hkdrama - and imho is more elegantly choreographed than some of these fight scenes...

Still. Baby Jae-hui/Naeuri makes me squee - and adult Naeuri isn't too bad either...

Cool! I'll probably finish the series soon so we can compare notes on what we liked and didn't :)

The one thing I really don't like is naueri's facial hair. I think they've given him the wrost beard ever. I understand the need for authenticity but why spoil such a pretty face with the worst beard ever. They should have tried another look on him.

His beard is probably better than my spelling though :)

wrost = worst
naueri = naeuri

Hmm...I'm watching a couple of TW-dramas these days while trying to catch up on the K-dramas I'm behind on LOL. (<3 Ariel Lin's In Time With You)

I am watching 4 t-drama for the moment.. MQ, OG, ITWY and RRB... i must say i enjoyed all of them...

for k-drama.. after TPM.. nothing really excite me too much.. but i must say that I am enjoying the Musical and Vampire Prosecutor... I did watch the first 4 eps of TWDR for Song Joong Ki... he is absolutely brilliant in it...

Hi Kaleido, *HUGS*

We must be twins! I am watching those Tdrams also!

And Vampire Prosecutor too. I wasn't going to, but I am a "sucker" for Vampire shows. Ha! Ha! Ha!

A whole bunch of Japanese dramas are starting. One I really liked the first episode out is:

[http://www.dramacrazy.net/japanese-drama/nazotoki-wa-dinner-no-ato-de/]

It has Sakurai Sho from Arashi in it and since I fell in love with him in VS Arashi variety show, I thought I would watch this drama. It's actually pretty good, fluffy and light.

hugs :)

have not been watching Jdorama lately... so will need to check it out...

so among those 4 t-drama.. what's your favorite?

MQ kind of lost it's momentum in the middle of it.. but since it's the end.. i am watching it.. sign.. vanness is really not that great in it...

The other 3 i am really enjoying.. and they are so different.. i think i like ITWY the most... RRB is really growing on me.. Peter and Janice are so cute together.. and OG is such such cute drama... very light and entertaining.

I'm waiting to look at OG and RRB...my Sunday loyalty is to Ariel. I'm actually finishing old shows like Black and White (repeat for Zai Zai) and KO3. I'm looking at BBJX and Holy Pearl soon. Vanness only got me because of Autumn Concerto...not really into anything else. Kdrmas I have The Musical, TWDR, Vampire P, Mawang, and I'm leaning toward MoH . A few jdramas too

I've been wanting to watch In Time With You because I absolutely loveee best friend romance dramas. But I've only gotten 10 minutes. Not because it's not interesting but because of lack of time. :'(

And to be honest, I've honestly only watched ONE TW-drama ever, and that was Fated to Love You.

Happy Friday everyone, how was your week? I can't see my desk anyone it's been swarmed with work. :( But that hasn't stopped me from watching dramas! Any sageuks to recommend, anyone? So far I've watched SKKS, WBDS and TPM. Tree with Deep Roots looks amazing so far but I'm thinking of only starting on it near the end so I can marathon. Meanwhile I can't find anything to watch in between term papers!

Hi Dumpling, *HUGS*

Sad to hear about all the work at work. Go figure, we just wanna take home a paycheck, but they make us work for it! (Joke) Ha! Ha! Or did you mean homework? Or are you doing both? I'm curious.

oops I meant homework...for school...does that make it schoolwork? hahaha

Return of Iljimae is light on the politics and heavy on the pretty.
Recommend highly!

For most sagueks, I barely make it through four or five episodes before bailing. I find my mind wandering around all the politics, the fierce gaze trading and I think to myself,
"Why am I doing this? Do I have to write a paper on it? Is this required watching to be a DB commenter? There are dramas out there with shower scenes that I am currently NOT watching."

I did finish The Duo, too, though, because of PIE and stayed for Lee Sang Yoon looking mighty fine police uniform!

Hi Jomo!

I think many of you watch sageuks with too much concentration. When I watch, I'm not that concerned that I understand all the intricacies of the plot (or even the plot itself, frankly). I watch with half of my brain, and enjoy all the pretty, and pick up what I can (without thinking too hard) of the plot... and in that way, I find sageuks quite pleasurable to watch.

Don't you get frustrated when they do what feels like the same thing over and over?

The bad guys never die. What starts as threatening becomes annoying when they keep NOT killing the good guys. (Just thought of another one I didn't finish for that reason - Kim Soo Ro) You end up predicting that this confrontation won't produce any corpses either.

I think that is why I hung in there for The Duo and RofI. The bad guys changed. The stakes really were as high as they seemed.

Well... I don't know what The Duo is (Joseon Dragnet?), and I couldn't get past the first couple of episodes of RofI (isn't that the one with the sideways walking guy, plus the hero isn't one of the ones I find most attractive)

I guess I've watched sageuks when I've been into the characters, regardless of the story (and perhaps despite a poorly told story, and regardless of caring to know what the devil the story was about)... so those are my criteria, I guess...

Return of Iljimae is definitely next on my list. Jung Il Woo <3 Thanks!

I haven't watched too many sgeuks yet, but I love historical fiction because I love history. I don't know much about Korean history yet, but when I watch, it makes me wanna go find a book about it. I've only watched 2 eps of TWDR so far, but wow, is Joong Ki amazing in that. I need to go read the recaps and see if I can fill in a couple of things I didn't get, but I'm loving it.

Most of my history knowledge is English history, because that's my background (I'm descended from Llewellyn, the last Welsh Prince of Wales, before England's Kind Edward took over and gave the title to his oldest son....which is how it's been since). I wanted to major in history, but couldn't figure out how I'd make a living at it, so I went with practical. But I'm old now, I could totally go back and do it for fun. But now, I'm thinking maybe Asian history, instead of English/European.

Aaaah....so much to learn, so little time. And so many cool dramas to watch in the meantime.

Wow, that's fascinating! Have you visited your ancestors' castles to take a look at the family portraits? :) The Welsh names are so beautiful...

Not yet....it's on my "list". Which isn't getting shorter, btw, cuz now I'm adding several asian destinations.

We were in England a few years ago, in Hereford, where Mr Shel's sister was living. She took us to Cardiff and a couple places in between Cardiff and Hereford. We were there with several other family members and didn't have our own car. It's my family history, not my hubbys, so I didn't feel like pressing them on it. But it was driving me nuts cuz I have a whole list of places I wanna go see. But, we decided before we came home that we wanna go back by ourselves. Italy is next on the list....I promised hubby we could go back...he hasnt been back since he came home from there in 1977.

I did see some tombs of some of my ancestors in a church in Herefordshire. The names grabbed me, and I called my Dad that night and made him look them up. THat was kind of cool.

That's pretty amazing! I love delving into history like that. My paternal grandfather's family came to California with the Conquistadors. They named a road in Southern California after us and we have this interesting family tree tracing all of the Spanish relatives back about a century!

My maternal grandparents came through Ellis island, one set escaping Nazi persecution of the European Jewry. I don't know beyond two generations though.

I love learning the history that accompanies so many shows. Even the reasons behind accepting a drink with a hand at the elbow and such.

My father's family (Italian and Spanish) has the WORST table manners, or so my mother's family would say. It's perfectly polite with them to reach over someone else and grab things, talk loudly and over other people, to eat with fingers. They even steal food off people's plates! And on mom's side, forks and knives, straight backs, 'please pass the'. It's really interesting how culture permeates EVERYTHING we do.

Damo, definitely, if you're a sageuk fan. :)

I have finished The Wineyard Man (which I unexpectedly really truly loved - and marathoned)

For Sageuk's my fave is the oldie Dae Jang Geum. Great acting and it kept going without losing steam until the very end.

Hi Eliza Bennet, *HUGS*

I have never heard of The Wineyard Man. Is it a Kdrama? What did you love about it? How many episodes did you marathon?

Isn't it The Vineyard Man? DramaFever has it.

Oh I've heard of Dae Jang Geum... it became really successful and popular abroad didn't it?

Is it really good? Worth putting on a to watch list?

Herm.. Perhaps Miss Bennett was referring to Vineyard Man instead of Wineyard Man? It is a korean drama starring YEH.

Btw, I also heard about Dae Jang Geum. It is in my 'to-be-watched list'. I wonder what would other people think about this drama.

On another topic, is our Bennet in love with Mr Darcy? :P