1,009

The big 200! Who knew this OT beast would ever make it this far? Heck, who knew this site would ever last this long? I feel like I ought to make this moment more…uh, momentous…but I’m fresh outta ideas.

KT Tunstall – “If Only” [ Download ]

1,009

Am I first today?

*butts in line and clinks glass* Happy 200th OT, yorobun! To commemorate this momentous occasion, I hope you'll join me in creating a little Lovefest for DB, JB, GF, and the other DB bloggers in this week's Open Thread.
I took a gander at the 100th OT-- it was filled with lots of nice “Congratulations and thank you!” messages, but the messages that I found the most meaningful were the ones in which people shared a couple of details about how DB impacts their lives, or what it is that they most love or appreciate about DB. Our co-bloggers extraordinaire have given us so much-- so let's each take a moment to express our love and gratitude this week. A bit later on, I think Bourbon is gonna be setting up her virtual pojangmacha again, and I've brought plenty of glasses and beverages to get us started in the meantime, so I invite you to make a toast (or a drunken confession), give props, write a limerick, or whatever else you feel inspired to do to join in the celebration. Let the party begin! *begins passing out drinks and glasses*

Grateful1!

Great idea, but I don't drink alcoholic beverages, so can I drink herbal tea instead?

You name it, I've got it. Mugs are available for those who prefer hot beverages.

LOL! Glad that it's not BYOB!

grateful1

Do you have apple juice? I only drink that and just pretend to be drunk, so I am actually conscious to enjoy the piggy back ride that is inevitable! :P

Those were my first thoughts too Viola - what about the piggyback :P

Viola! *HUGS*

Who do you what to piggy back you?

Take a wild wild guess MJP! ;)

Pssst, MJP.
His name starts with the letter S.

Choi Siwon!!!

*Jumps up and down excitedly, looking for prize!*

nyahahahahaha MJP, too cute!

I think Siwon knows... oh well, he carries you anyway, whether you smell like soju or not. :)

Happy Friday, Viola! Cheers!

IZzzieee!!! happy Friday to you too!! *Glomp*

This is the best Friday Ever!!! I am getting a kitteh! A kitteh! :) OMO! I am so exited!! :P

It was going to be killed :( Merong to the person who abandoned it on the road!

Kitty!! ♥ :)

Viola!

Congratulations on the kitten! Will you upload a picture of it? Thank you for rescuing a kitty! You are a hero.

I should upload a picture of my cat, she's old and partially paralyzed. She was a stray, she has two pellet in her body, one lodged in her spine and the other in her abdomen. She was captured at 2 to 3 years old. So who know what happened to her. I have this one picture of her hiding under the Christmas tree.

*Goes to look for picture to upload*

Oh, wow! Congrats on the kitten! :) I'm happy for you and the kitten.
(I think I should congratulate the kitten more for finding a good owner.)

Is it a he or a she? What will be its name? (Or should we have a "Name Viola's kitten contest" here?) :)

Viola,

Here is my favorite picture of my kitty.

The kitty is a girl, I don't think it is really a kitten, but not full grown either. I have only seen pics of it. My coworker emailed everyone about her, I am getting her tomorrow! :)

And by all means, let's have a naming contest! :)

I say, call it Billi. Slightly redundant, but its such a cute name! I've always wanted a cat so i could name it that :D

Omo MJP! That is such a cuteeee picture! She has such lovely lovely eyes! :)

@ Bourbon
LOL!! calling my cat "Billi," so funny! I dies!

T/N "billi" means cat in Hindi! :P

MJP unnie....how cute is MJP Kitty!

Viola darling...how great is that! Hurray for rescuing Teen!Kitty. Can't wait to see pictures :) Hmm...now for a name. Sugarplum? Ash? Marmalade? Cara? Serendipity? Delia?

Bourbon and Viola,

When I hear Billi... I don't know...

I think of Goat!

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention that! Billi does mean cat in Hindi. Hehe, MJP unni, i see the comparison, but maybe this will help: 'Billi' is pronounced with more of a stress on the double 'l'.

Kind of like: Billl-ee. Kind of.

Its hard to explain pronunciation, isn't it? Well, in any case now you have another name to use while coaxing MJP kitty (who, might I say, is utterly ADORABLE!) out of the Chirstmas tree. :D

Here, here!!!

I would like to propose a toast to JB and GF, who are as lovely in person as they are in this blog.

Thank you for creating this intelligent site, which is also utterly, wonderfully silly at times. I met such incredible people here, people who are very important to me now, whom I didn't even know a year before.

Thank you for sharing the friendship between the two of you, your bantering always puts a smile on my face. I am very grateful to you both, and wish you success and happiness

Also, as a 200th OT present, my drama family and I, aka the K Team, kidnapped Lee Min Hot, Goong Yoo and Kang Ji Hwan for you guys! Please, open the large cardboard boxes tied up in ribbons, that were left on your doorstep as soon as possible. Lessaofpern mommy forgot to put in breathing holes... :P

*hugs* Love you both. :)

I think the awesome thing is JB and GF didn't have a site announcement to begin this celebration.

And it isn't a -versary of the beginning of the site, it is a milestone for the commenters on this site, which then only emphasizes their generosity of server use and hard drive space.

Don't be overly concerned about the lack of breathing holes for our captives. Don't we want them to be a little groggy and disoriented until we're able to get them tied to the bed(s)?

Congrats on your 200th, ladies!! It's so much fun to come here and discuss my favorite obsession - K-drama!!

Congrats and thanks to Javabeans and Girlfriday and their team but also thanks to everyone with comments and posts that make this OT awesome (looks @ Viola, Brookeeve, lessaofpern, leonardswench, jomo, and only about a bazillion others that I have read posts but as of yet have limited interaction with . . . )

Thanks Lisah!

Thanks, Lisah, and Happy 200th Thread to all of the OT crowd, past and present. Here's champagne and sparkling water all around! <3

HUGS! Thanks Lisah <3

@grateful1 Thanks for the drinks, lest celebrate the 200 OT
Happy 200 OT to everyone. My confensions when they'll come won;t require alcohol, so I'll have a fruit juice, thanks

I will join the drinking, as long as there's no eating of live octopus required. :P

Happy 200th OT, DB! Cheers, unnies & oppas! :)

My husband loves Calamari, fried Octopus!

Me, McDonald's Filet O'Fish and shrimp is about all the seafood you are going to get me to eat.

MJP! :)

LOL! I haven't tried octopus - cooked or alive. But I'd rather try it cooked than fighting for its life while I try to chew it. (ew. have you seen the Thai movie "Hello Stranger?" The male lead ate a live octo in a pojangmacha.)

I love shrimp too! Actually, I love seafood - cooked, that is. ;)

Izzie heart
They eat the moving octo in MNIKSS, Skinny and Henry.

HOW are you?

mmmmmmm Calamari <3. Happy friday MJP. Thanks for making me hungry early in the morning lol.

I'm great, Jomo. Thanks for asking. :) How about you?

MNKISS... I forgot that scene already. Gotta watch it again.

You got your vowels back! :)

Too rubbery for me, and I so totally don't like to eat the tentacles! YUCK! But my hubby LOVES, LOVES, LOVES those stupid tentacles!!!

I am not too fond of seafood. I've tried some of it.

Kiara! *HUGS*

Happy Friday to you too!

I make this Italian seafood sauce that you would probably love, then. And, no I don't eat it, I just cook it.

I can't really say the recipe, because I just fly by the seat of my pants with it and it always changes, but I get compliments from my husband and my BFF's husband, they both love my sauce. When I make it, I always make enough for two households and then split it with my BFF.

I've unwittingly eaten octopus. I saw a drama where the girl was meeting her prospective father in law and he loved live octopus and she claimed to like it too and when she ate it she gagged and he of course jumped to the k-drama conclusion. I love seafood and I wish I could eat it more often. I go to the chinese superm. and I look longingly at the mollusk and crabs and fish. I hate to eat them after they are frozen, I won't kill anything before eating it and 2lbs of mollusk is a lot for one person.

MJP /HUGS...I would love to try your Italian sauce when you get a chance to post the recipe. Thanks <3 <3 <3.

McD's Filet O' Fish... m~mmmmmm... I'm cheap, I only order it during Lent's Good Fridays.

Happy 200th, DB! Happy 200th, my good friends!!!!! Let's toast with my special homemade freshly squeezed siwon-abs juice!!!!! *CLINK*

*anticipating the drunk poem battle b/w Jomo & YY*

Siwon abs juice?
*** Shudder ***

I think I even said that the last time...

Oi !! YY!!! Lay off the abs-juice!!!

Hi Izzieeee!!! *glomps*

@ Jomo

I can not agree with you more! Shudder indeed!

Hi Viola!!! :D *HUGS*

LOL! Not even eager to share the SAJ. :)

I might regret asking this, but... how do you extract the abs juice?

*horrible scenes flash before eyes*

Okay, forget I asked.

POME:
While dancing around a site called Hulu
I read Dramafever was addicting.
I thought I’d seen ALL from Alpha to Zulu
But this rabbit hole? No predicting.

I doggedly watched a number of shows
Till I ran out of hours to sleep
From tudou, mysoju, rutube and more
I never looked back from my leap.

But questions, I had them, like “what’s with the “Oppa?”
Do they teach the “wrist grab” to their young?
Are all the rich moms in Korea insane?
Why’s everyone “Noonah” and “Hyung?”

I finally found a place with the answers.
Dramabeans explained it all to me.
Slowly I read and I read and I read
And I ogled and I giggled with much glee.

I cannot say thanks with half-enough force.
In my life, you play a big part.
It’s not just your words that go into my brain;
Y'all found a way into my heart.

Yay!!! :) Lovely piece, Jomo!

I love how it sums up your first DB encounter. :) And with so many similarities to how we came across DB too! And yes, I'm grateful for the things I've learned here as well.

*pours more soju for Jomo* ;)

Okay, speaking of Viola's Hubby, Siwon.

Which of the two new songs you do like better

SuperJunior's "Superman" or "Mr. Simple?"

Jomo,

What a beautiful, heart expressive, poem!

MJP, I like Superman better. It has all that shiver inducing chanting in minor key going for it.

I didn't like Mr Simple all that much until I saw it live. The melodies and dance felt a little recycled

Viola,

I like Superman better to. I love Ryeowook's line the ending. "Shuper Horny!" Poor guy. I don't know if he was speaking English or Korean with that last word!!!!! When watching the videos the English was usually written in English, except his last line.

MJP, LOL, I didn't notice what poor Ryewook said at first either!

But according to the helpful youtube commenter, heenja:"What Wook is actually saying is '슈퍼 홀릭' (syupeo hollik). Listen carefully, he actually did pronounce it right."

I guess it is just bad luck on his part! :P

Jomo... love your witty pome!

Jomo - love the poem

I like "Superman" better too. Gees, I was in denial all this time, saying like "it's not really Shuper Horny" at the end of such a song.

I do feel a bit empty when Si-won does a Houdini act in the middle of every performance though.

Jomo, lovely poem!

Izzie, this is for you:

How Make Your Very Own Homemade Abs-Juice:

1. Knock Siwon out gently.
2. Lay him out gently on bed with arms outstretched.
3. Remove his shirt gently.
4. Locate abs.
5. Locate pores on abs.
6. Get ready an empty glass.
7. Squeeze gently on abs. Take care not to pull out fine hairs sticking out on pores.
8. Abs-juice will flow out first in a trickle, then in a steady stream.
9. Massage gently in between squeezes to enhance flow.
10. Serve Abs-juice in a tall glass with ice cubes, honey and a dash of lemon juice.*

*Best to consume within 1 hr for freshness.

@YY: @_@ ... thanks. the next question is, how did you ever discover this procedure without Viola finding out/preventing it?

*eyes the pigeon that's perched on my window.*

Happy 200th OT, Izzie Heart! Try the calamari with us! Unless you get one of the wee octopus with their tentacles and such all in tact, you can hardly tell what it is. Actually, one of the first times me and my friends had it, we wondered if it was in fact chicken rings that were kinda tough. I can't imagine trying to eat the live stuff. I've seen it done on tv. It looked kinda crazy.

cmrprindle! *HUGS* Happy Weekend!

It's cwaayzy! I don't know how people handle it, but I don't think I could ever chomp on any live animal (well, except for the good bacteria that comes with my yoghurt.)

You have to make me swig 5 bottles of soju to make me not recognize the octo. *on to my 3rd bottle.* :)

CMR!
I never insa'ed you!
Hope your week is good. Saying goodbye to HAG and HELLO HSG!

to dramabeans, the blog with fine writers

@mcalkdrama~ I'll drink to that! *clink* Yes, I often marvel at our co-bloggers being such extraordinarily astute, entertaining, proficient, and prolific writers/recappers.

@Jomo~ Thank you so much for your wonderful "Pome"! It's such a thoughtful and meaningful contribution to the Lovefest. I was really hoping that your inner poet would feel inspired to help us celebrate this milestone, and I'm so glad she did.

Am I in time for the 3 martini lunch? ^.^ Congrats GF, JB and DB for all the times you brought a smile to my day!

And *clinks glass* to my partners in non productivity!! I truly enjoy reading your witty comments, virtural parties and escapades!

*glass clink* Woohoo! I second this non-productive motion ;)

*raises her glass of...glances at glass....gives it an experimental sniff....tries again*

*raises her glass of apple cider* To the best recappers of anything around, great site hosts, great poster, hilarious and smart women, and all the friends they rope in to feed our addiction, thank you from the bottom of my addicted heart (and my non-addicted one, too) for this site. Like so many, I've discovered lots of great people/friends who mean so much more to me than I could have imagined they would half a year ago. The recaps themselves are hilarious and insightful. You guys have opened up a world of not just entertainment but people to me. Thank you so much. There is no place quite like DB, and certainly like the OT. There's a great and crazy bunch of people here, and there's few places I'd rather be.

~CMR Prindle

I'd also like to add that, pre-OT, you guys were keeping me sane at my previous sometimes thoroughly insane job with your recapps. I knew everything would be all right if I could just watch the next segment of BOF and read the recap.

Sweet, cmr. Just sweet :)

*blushes* thank you, YRH-ssi

Butterbeer over here please!

I was one of the crowd that found Dramabeans in my search for recaps for You Are Beautiful, and although I ended up not really liking YAB as much as I did in the beginning, I found the recaps here fun and witty and the next thing I know, I was catching up with as much of DB previous posts as possible. I even found the gem that was samsooki defending his love for My Love Patzzi (one of the kdramas one my first few kdaramas list). I love being a Beanie, and I am grateful for the wonderful read from jb and girlfriday. Sometimes they make the drama better than the actual drama itself. HAHAHA. Cheers to another 100 OTs and another 100 Fridays to come.

*plays the Party Rock Anthem*

The pojangmacha is back in business, OTers! As a celebration for having reached the 200th OT, free ddeokbokki for everyone!!! :D

Bourbon! *HUGS*

I'm hungry, so please may I have some!

Of course, unni! Today, everything at the pojangmacha is free!!!!!!!!!!! (Only cuz its virtual, if it actually was free, i'd have ridiculous bill to pay! Hehe )

oooh Bourbon! *looks around for noodles and soju*

Omo, my fav pojamangcha ahjumma is back! Haha

I remember a time when all the lovely ladies here (playfully) took my case for saying, "Now it feels like the old crowd is back." i.e. alluding to them being old.

You call me ahjumma, Ricky? Now i feel the sting they felt! :P :P

Haha I was there when the "old crowd" went bonkers. Too funny! Would you prefer Noooooonaaaaa... instead?

Well, if my calculations are correct, I think you're the 'Oppaaa!' in this equation. :)

Really? Okay then, call me Oppa, please. Haha :)

Woohoo! Thanks bourbon :) I've always wanted to try a pojangmacha but was too timid to try w/o friends :D

:D NO worries in this P'macha! We ave Ricky TRH waiting to piggyback every girl in need. :D

I should say that I am selectively piggyback-able. Heh

to dramabeans, thank you! cheers to jb, gf, and to everyone who have contributed to make this site as wonderful as it is.

not only did i have tons of enjoyment from reading this site, i also learned a lot. and it's nice to know there are many out there addicted to kdramas as well as i am. for that, i am grateful.

Dearest Dramabeans,

Without you, my love and addiction for dramas would not have been fed. Also, I have made such lovely friends here on the OT.

So thank you very much for all that you do, it is greatly appreciated.

Not only am I the first to this week's OT, but I am the first to the 200th OT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feel so honored.

My stalking of DB finally paid off handsomely.

FB/GF/rest of the DB writers and commentators: You've given DB heart & soul, for that, I bow to y'all.

Rock'on =)

typo, not FB, should be JB. so embarrassed.

too much soju already? lol

i wish! i think it was drunkness from excitement.

Congratulations on the 200th OT! I think I delurked in an OT somewhere in the 70 region.

::Orders a round of sojutini for the house. Then sits back to drink tea and watch the mayhem commence.::

WOW! So you've been here for the 100th OT as well? I think i was probably here too, but i stopped lurking only recently. Hee :D

And we're glad you did :D

Dear Dramabeans and Girlfriday,

I've been here since... November of.... 2009? I think? I've gone back to lurking mostly, but I still enjoy your website tremendously! Thank you for taking the time to refill my drama crackpipe multiple times a day! You've helped me understand a new culture, appreciate snark, and destress all at the same time. You know, some people pay lots of money for what y'all are giving away for free!

Thank you once again for the beautiful memories and for introducing me to some of the most important people in my life!

*don't want to be on page 3*

hear hear!!

this is THE place where people don't look at me funny when i caress the general choi's biceps on the screen. :D

seriously, i learned so much from this site, and have found pleasure and entertainment from the many reviews and discussions here. thanks also to the many insight on korean culture. kamsahamnida!

OMGGGGG, I am!!!! WOOOHOOOO.

Lee Min Ho in LA!

Did you get to "dwell in his presence"? Haha
Congrats for being first BTW :)

One of my friends stalked, um, I mean intently looked for Lee Min Hot all over Koreatown, but no luck! :(

LOL, well still-- A for effort! hahaha, i live literally 10 mins from koreatown, and i cannot believe i'm on the other side of the world right now! ARGH! i hope your friend manages to get a glimpse of Lee Min Ho-ooolyshitwhyareyousohot?!

viola, i'd like to just commemorate this 200th OT but telling you specificially that you've totally been one of the people who make all OT days happy days! thanks for everything! here's to 200 more OT's and a million more after that!

Awwwww!! Thank you Maria darling! *hugs* You made me all smiley. *hugs* Happy 200 OT to you!

cheers!

*clinks apple juice filled champagne flute*

Viola,

I too have to agree with what Maria is saying. When I first came on, you and Jomo and OCkoala were all so friendly to me! So thank you for making the OT such a friendly place!

@MJP
Awwwwwwwww!
I am glad I did because I am so glad to have gotten to know you!

i second what MJP is saying, too---- MJP and JOMO and ricky... you guys make OT's SO. FUN.

I wonder if anyone has seen him in touristic places of LA (in case he was in the mood for sightseeing). Or maybe he's left LA already?

Just came back from LMH in LA post, someone said he is going to Vegas. Maybe weekend in Vegas?

Anyone in Vegas or going to Vegas this weekend?

i heard he is shooting his cf in death valley!

They're shooting in Death Valley in August???? Are they INSANE! DV in August is hotter than LMH. Or hell, too, for that matter.

It's supposed to be 117 in DV today. I hope they're somewhere else.

Death Valley in the middle of the summer?!

:-/

(wonder if anyone would see him there and take picture of him... shirtless... ya know... because of the hot weather...)

if he's shooting a cf in death valley which is hotter than what someone said he will have to be underdressed.

I will confess to stalking . . . but with good intentions in my pure heart :) yeah, riiiight pffft

Lee Min Ho and Death Valley? I'm there!

He's gonna be like "ugh it's so hot here! *takes off shirt* I'm still hot *takes off pants*"

good intentions and my pure heart

LOL. Ex-aaaaaactly ;)

"good intentions": noun. slang. meaning, "strip him bare" also idiomatic for, "love him til he calls "MERCY!" ":D

KShowNow just posted an eng subbed link showing his photo shoot with THAT GIRL who was shown at the bottom of JB/GF's LMH L.A. post.

**sigh**

I kept looking for GF who SHOULD have been lurking in the background during the interview, armed with rope and duct tape. But, NO. Not a GF to be seen. And there was Yoona, giggling and hanging all over Mr. Hot (who, BTW, was looking MIGHTY FINE!).

I can't understand what could have gone wrong with the abduction plan - other than somebody had second thoughts?!?! Hmmm?!

:) :)

Cynthia, rest assured that the abduction went smoothly! LMH was delivered safely to GF's doorstep. I hope she opened the box already, there really were no breathing holes. Anyway, the man you saw on the photo shoot isn't the real LMH, it's a clone. :P

Thank you.
I feel better now.
Do you think they videotaped their "visit"?
One can only hope.

Hello everyone!

This is my first post. I've been following this blog for a year now and I find that I'm addicted to it.

What would i do without my DB crack at office? (finish my work on time, I guess)

Right now I am watching Warrior Baek Dong soo and I find it amazing.

Happy friday everyone.

Yes I agree! I'm totally addicted to this site too. I found it when I first got into the new wave of post-Winter Sonata Kdramas, through Boys Over Flowers (I know..). But I fell in love with this site after reading The Woman Who Wants To Marry recaps- it was simply lovely.

Now I seem to be checking this site several times a day. And my friend today asked if I always smile like a loser when I read Dramabeans, HAHA.

Thanks JB and GF for this awesome blog. :D

Me too. Sometimes I rub my hands together in total glee and clap silently (it can be done silently... if you only touch the tips of your fingers and bottom of your palms together.) Once my boss caught me holding my stomach and laughing (again silently... i dont even know where i learnt to do that) and I lied about not feeling too well.

HAHAHA you lied you were not feeling well? Omg that's really funny.

I'm in school so I don't really bother to keep in my laughter- I just literally laugh-out-loud. But when my friends are studying I have to move away to read the recaps!

I agree, the humor is a big part of what makes DB so addictive.

JB and GF~ I love you for many reasons, but among the foremost is your ability to consistently crack my shit up up. And for introducing me to expressions like “crack my shit up”. Don't tell Monsieur Colbert this, but you've unseated him as my first go-to source when I need a good laugh. And I can't thank you enough for part three of your drunken podcast-- it's my favorite instant pick-me-up. It never fails-- within three seconds, I'm chuckling, and within thirty seconds, I'm full on belly-laughing. What a gift!

You pick an awesome time to start commenting! We love having new people here!

I somehow understand from your post that you rarely finish your work because of DB/Kdramas. Well, join the club! Wow, it's amazing how UNprofessional we all are.

Welcome again :)

Thank you. I know! I didn't realize it was the 200th post till after i posted.

RTRH and his vibrating buttocks are back!
(Get it?)

I hope the testing went well, if it is over!

HAHA! Me and my Vibb-butt are glad to back for this auspicious occasion, Jomo.

or asspicious, if you bring your VB.

Ooo.. that's a good one! Haha
*stores in memory for future use*

Ricky TRH! It has been too long, friend. And thats not just the vodka masquerading as apple juice talking. *Hic*

Omona, as a dear friend i would strongly recommend that you close up shop and let me piggyback you home.
Your hiccups are getting extremely embarrassing to watch because you keep on having these dreamy looks after every "hic".

Nice to hear from your biscuit-y self, bourbon :)

Oh come Ricky, we all know the piggyback is just an excuse for skinship! :P *nudge nudge wink wink*

I have no idea what you are talking about!
*blinks innocently*

Suuuure. *Suggestive wink*

If you do the OPW then we might be going somewhere.

Hi aoiaheen!! Welcome! :) Will you like a complimentary, heart shaped, Protect the Boss flavored cookie? :)

Yep, I love that show that much, so much so that I baked it into dessert! :P

Thank you very much. Loving my sugars right now. So i will definetly take one. Especially if it tastes even a little like Ji Sung. I'm planning to watch that as soon as i get over my WBDS addiction.